Monday, January 18, 2010

The Little Mystery

Jack has started saying a few words. He says uh oh, ball, apple, doggie, vacuum, daddy, and mama. He looks directly at us and is trying to communicate when he says those words. Then we have a word that is different. The word "little". It took over a month to figure out what he was trying to say. He articulates "little" perfectly, but unlike the other words, he doesn't look at us while he says it. He sits in the back of the car or wakes up from a nap saying "little, little." I couldn't figure it out.
Well the other day, I went to put Jack down for a nap. Our routine is usually that I give him his glowing sea horse that plays music. When Twinkle Twinkle Little Star comes on, I sing with it. Jack pointed to the sea horse after the music went off and said "little, little." It hit me. He's singing!!! Adorable. The other night we were watching American Idol and he was dancing in front of the TV going "little, little." I need to get that on video.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I love this post. You and your little guy are so, so cute (and the glowing sea horse, too).

The Carters said...

That is great! Abigail loves that song too. We are very excited about Idol and 24 at our house:) What do you think so far?

Bill said...

Like Danielle, I LOVE this post! I read it to Kim and she loves it too!

Haven't watched a full episode of Idol yet, but I was able to catch "Pants On The Ground"...I look forward to the video of Jack's "Little, Little" song and dance more though.

Love the picture of Jack sleeping on the couch....he's a beautiful boy (almost as beautiful as Steve Martin - Dave will know what I mean).

Kristen said...

That is so cute!! You knew there had to be some meaning behind him saying, "little". It's so crazy how smart kids can be!!! I loved this post, Amy!

THE BENEDICT'S said...

Adorable! He is SO precious!! Can't believe i'm so behind on blogs, but looks like y'all had a great Christmas in CA. Loved all the pics!

Jamie said...

He is just the most precious boy!! I love the pic of him reading in his chair! Hope you are enjoying idol and 24..only a few more days before LOST! Now I really miss you guys :)

THE BENEDICT'S said...

Hey Girl, haven't heard an update in a while! I know, it's hard to keep up, I've been behind with blogging for a while. Anyways, just wanted to see how life in D.C. was going! Hope y'all are well and enjoying the beautiful snow!

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.