Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival

I am a little slow on this post ..... but every year there is a Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. They try to time it with the week that the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom. Unforunately, this year they bloomed a little bit too early. My brother Chris came out for the weekend and ran the 10 mile race that is part of the festival. Since Chris's company sponsored the race, he was able to get Dave in too. I thought they ran rather well.
Dave and Chris at the finish line

Dave (blue shirt) at 5 miles

We found one tree still in bloom :) .... I love that you can see the reflection the Washington Monument in the water
Dave and Jack headed up to the Jefferson Memorial

There was a nice breeze blowing and you can see how crazy long Jack's hair was getting. We did finally cut it a few days ago :)

2 comments:

David Boland said...

I think it's important to note that Chris and I started at the very back of the race and spent most of it passing slower people (thus all the "jogger" types that are around me in the 5 mile picture)...yes, very important. :)

nanamom said...

I guess you have to call your picture of you and the cherry tree with the Washington Monument reflection....the babies bump!!

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.