Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Atlantis

September 18th was our 5th wedding anniversary. About a month ago, my mom volunteered to watch Jack if we wanted to go somewhere for our anniversary. A few days earlier, I had seen an ad for almost half off at the Atlantis in the Bahamas which is a hotel that I had always wanted to try. Dave and I spent three nights (just us) at the Cove Atlantis. It was heavenly, and Jack did very well for my mom.
We got there and found out that the hotel was only 18% occupied. We had all the pools and beaches to ourselves, and we even got upgraded to a deluxe ocean suite! The picture above was the view from our room :). The hotel was amazing. It has three beaches and 6 pools. My favorite part the lazy river. You could grab single or double rafts and float all around the property.
My favorite pool was this one that had "ancient relics" and two water falls. It was beautiful and we had it all to ourselves!

There were about 10 water slides at this hotel. Three of them go through a shark tank! Here is Dave going down the big drop which lands under the tank
Before we even went on the trip people were saying we have to go take pictures on "the chair." Everyone was taking pictures on it .... I'm not sure why, but we did it too :)
The Atlantis Hotel

5 comments:

Bill said...

AWESOME PICS! We're so glad that you guys had a good time.

Can't wait to get together again, possibly on a cruise!

Bill

A said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Dave! Daniel and I also love the Bahamas and we spent a day wandering around the Atlantis while we were there. The grounds are spectacular! So glad you had fun.:)

the fortenberrys said...

That is awesome, Amy! Good for you to get away. :)

Kristen said...

That sounds like fun!!! I bet it was nice to have alone time with Dave! I really want to go there now...especially with all of those pools and water slides...that's awesome! :)

Bill said...

Oh, I forgot to ask.....how was the Mesa Grill?

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.