Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas in California

We had a nice long Christmas break in California. We were there for almost two weeks and saw lots of family, friends, good weather, and In N Out. When we got back, Dave's brother picked us up from the airport and said "welcome to the cold." He wasn't kidding, it's cold! Dave worked for a day and now has a four day weekend for New Years. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a wonderful New Year. Here are a few pictures:

Jack's first fast food lunch was at In n Out. We went four times (yes we are obsessed)! He LOVED the grilled cheese. He ate almost the entire thing every time :)
Jack's first picture alone with Grandpa Boland (how did we make it over a year before I took one)
in our pjs on Christmas Eve

We drink champange while opening presents

My parents live on Balboa Island where everyone goes all out in decorating their house. It's a perfect end to Christmas when we walk around and see the spectacular lights.

6 comments:

the fortenberrys said...

Amy, I LOVED the lights. One of my absolute favorite parts of Christmas is seeing lights. AWESOME! I'm glad you guys had such a great trip and that you made it home safely.

Kristen said...

If we ever make it to the West Coast we're going to have to make it to an In N Out!! I also loved the pictures of the lights. I love driving around looking at them!!!

Riann said...

Ok, so that picture of Jack with his burger cracked me up! That was one happy boy! Awesome pics- beautiful lights! So glad the trip went well and cannot wait to hear more about it!

David Boland said...

More of a correction than a comment: We actually went to In N Out 5 times (true that Jack only went 4 though). Man, I'm already craving another Double-Double!

Bill said...

I know that In n Out is a must have, even the cold burgers are DELICIOUS!!!

You gotta take Jack to Five Guys now, let him do his own taste comparison. :)

Great pics too, we miss you guys, can't wait to see you.

David Boland said...

Oh, he gets Five Guys all the time and definitely likes it. But I'm pretty sure he told us he likes In N Out better. Not talking yet, but a father just knows these things ;)

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.