Monday, March 5, 2012

Baby Steps

The twins (19 months now) started crawling (7/8 months) and cruising (9/10 months) so early, I never would have dreamed it would take this long for them to start walking. About 6 weeks ago, Tim popped up on his knees and started "knee walking." Chris started knee walking within a few hours of seeing Tim do it. Here is a little video.  


Despite Dave's assurances that they are fine, I insisted we get them evaluated. When the physical therapist came to evaluate, Chris took his first steps!! How crazy is that? What a show off ;). The PT said all the exact same things Dave had been saying. Dave of course turned to me and said "it's like I do this for a living." I still stand by wanting a pediatric PT to look at them because Dave doesn't work with kids.
Tim took his first steps a week later at my parent's house.

Tim's first steps

Tim practicing between my parents

I love how my heart just sails when each of my boys took his first steps. I really don't think there are many moments more special in life :). Neither of them is walking regularly, but it's a big start!!! 




2 comments:

The Red Humor said...

congrats little guys!

I worried that Munch was autistic (or on the spectrum) when she took too long to talk. Now our chatterbox doesn't let us get a word in!

Kristen said...

Yay for walking!! It's hard not to be worried. And I would do the same thing you did and I'm sure Brian would say pretty much the same thing Dave did. LOL!!!

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.