Thursday, March 1, 2012

California Trip

California Trip 2012

Two and a half weeks (8 days for Dave) in California. I thought to myself that when I first left Southern California, I missed all the fun things there are to do. Now all I care about (besides family and friends) is enjoying the beautiful weather. Sunshine = smiles for me.

At my parent's house, we went on awesome hour long walks everyday. This is the kind of things we see.
View from walk on Balboa Island

Jack invites himself to play with the frog pond the neighbors have going

twins ride around in little cars
 My dad got to see Kate for the first time and she gave him a big smile :)


Jack and Kate "bothering" Uncle Chris while he tries to work

Kate sporting her future Aunt Sarah's bling
 We also had a lot of fun outside in San Diego

Grandpa Boland showing Jack the birds (canadian geese or something like that)

Nana pushing the twins on the swings

At the beach with the Wiener Family. Miss Abigail really liked Kate :)
Lucky for us, Sea World let's in military families free once a year. Did you know tickets there are now $73???? Our friends Jason and Chelsey have annual passes. They were awesome tour guides and a huge helping get the kids from the stroller to our seats for the shows.


Jack, I don't think you are supposed to hold the star fish

Hello Shamu!
 As always, we hit up In N Out four times!


When we headed home, Jack insisted he could wheel a bag. I couldn't believe but he did wheel it all the way from the baggage claim to the metro!


I have a few more posts coming. Check back soon! :)

4 comments:

David Boland said...

I like how in the cars pic, you're dad has two hands, but I have one hand and a Jack-sized foot.

Angoraknitter said...

$73 bucks! That's crazy! I sure hope the annual passes aren't too much more than that. Good gracious!

A said...

What a great trip! Glad you got to meet up with Dani's family. BTW, how in the world did you survive the flight with all those kids (and without Dave for at least one leg)?! :) I'd love to know your best tips!

The Carters said...

Love it all! Thanks for sharing:) I saw an In and Out sticker on someone's car the other day and totally thought about y'all! Let's try to get together in Baltimore when the weather gets even warmer:)

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.