Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Orange Tree

This is a picture of an orange tree that we planted 2 years ago after moving into our house. It may be small but it has actually grown a lot. Last year it only made one orange. It makes me think about how we are going to be moving soon because when we planted it we figured we would be moving at the time the tree started to make a lot of oranges.
Dave graduates in March of 2009 and we will be moving to Washington DC. I sometimes feel like that day will never come (and in some ways I don't really want it to because the situation here has been a good one).
But, I am really excited about moving, and there are three things I am VERY excited about:

1. The job is not supposed to deploy
2. My brother in-law, his family, and two of our friends will be stationed there as well
3. I have never lived on the East Coast before

6 comments:

The Carters said...

Thank you for sharing this Blog with us. I enjoy reading about what is going on with y'all. I can't wait to have you live a little closer. The East Coast is a different world but there is so much to see and do. I think you will enjoy the experience!

Ryan said...

I hope you'll frequent the Natural History Museum - lots of dinosaur bones.

Angoraknitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

it looks dead?

amy said...

well it is fall and the grass in that area does look really bad ...

Anonymous said...

The tree does look dead, but jack-o-lantern looks vibrant and well. I think its reasonable to say that your focus is appropriate. best wishes

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.