Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Big Move

We have had some internet issues, but I am FINALLY back online. I have a lot to blog about - even though I have probably lost all my readers. This post will be about our move, and I'll try to post something everyday until I catch up.
It took 18 hours to load up the crazy big uhaul. Our friend Tim was nice enough to help Dave load all night long. My mom came in the next morning to drive the first part with me. It was great to have the help.


I fell asleep at one point and when I woke up we were out of Texas. I didn't even have to ask because there were trees every where. I had forgotten about trees! We stopped for three days in Clarksville (Fort Campbell). It was so nice to see everything again. Jack had his first Easter there and met our very dear friends Kim and her son Tim (Bill is in Afganstan but on his way home!). My mom found an Amish furniture area about an hour away that we ventured out to and bought some dinning room chairs and a rocker. Fortunately, we had a uhaul to move them ;).
My mom stayed in Clarksville while we pushed on to DC. Our family and our stuff all made it safe and sound.

This was the crazy 26-foot Uhaul and car trailer that dave drove all the way to DC


I had been looking forward to Corky's BBQ in Memphis for half the drive. It was great!

The best part of our trip was having Easter dinner at our favorite restaurant Yamatos with our great friends!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Good to see you posting again!

THE BENEDICT'S said...

Yay, you finally posted!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure. I am happy to know y'all made it safe and sound =).

Bill said...

Good stuff! I enjoy reading the blog and it's always good to see my family on the internet.

See you soon!

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.