Friday, July 17, 2009

9 Month Mark

I met a mom a few months ago who referred to the 4 - 8 month time frame as baby heaven. She said it was the time frame that they interact but are easy to take care of because they aren't as demanding as they are when they get mobile. I can't remember if I have said that in my blog already, but I'll mention it again because Jack hit the 9 month mark 12 days ago.
In the past week, Jack has started pulling himself up on furniture into a standing position. I like the development, but it does mean he hurts himself sometimes too. He gets into EVERYTHING now and then gets upset if I take it or him away. I do feel like that means I have to watch him more.
The last two weeks brought clapping too. He started doing it the night of Dave's birthday. My friend Riann got a picture of his very first clap (above). I love how interactive he is getting. I'll still call this baby heaven :).

Two weeks ago was the first time Jack played with a balloon. It was way too cute.

1 comment:

The Fortenberrys said...

I do agree with the "baby heaven" timeframe but I also think that every stage just gets better and better. You're right...you just have to be more into it with them. Wait til he ends up on the coffee table when you turn your back for five seconds.

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.