Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cape May

Our friends Philip and Allison invited us to join them at the beach this past weekend. We went to Cape May in New Jersey. People around here make fun of the "Jersey Shore." Philip and Allison told us that Cape May was the exception. As far as beaches go, I thought it was good, but pretty middle of the road. The town was what made it great! There were beautiful Victorian homes, Bed and Breakfasts, Ice Cream shops, and the cutest shops and restaurants.
We brought our tarp so that Jack could stay in the shade all day. It worked perfectly! We had a blast!!


Here we are at the Beach

Jack's first ocean experience

He didn't like the water, but he LOVED playing in the sand

Napping on the beach :)

6 comments:

The Carters said...

Yeah! I'm so excited you got to go to Cape May, NJ. That is the beach I would have recommended too. I went to Cape May every summer for a week when I was growing up. I wish I knew you were going because I would have recommeneded my favorite restaurant and fudge place:) See you soon!

Danielle said...

Adorable. I love the napping picture. Maybe by the time he gets to San Diego beaches he'll be ready to get wet.

Riann said...

Love it!! One more place for us to check out too! Isn't this great- all the awesome places we get to explore? We are so lucky!

Kristen said...

By the looks of that last picture, it seems Jack had a full day of fun!!!

Bill said...

Kim and I love the napping picture. Jack looks so adorable. We really can't wait to see you guys this fall, I can't wait to meet Jack.

the fortenberrys said...

By far, my favorite picture is the last one. Not that I don't like seeing the parents, but a sleeping baby picture is just hard to beat.

I got your message yesterday. We have had so much going on leading up to this deployment so I'll give you a call when I can. Thanks for calling...I've been thinking about you lately too.

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.