Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New York City

We went up to New York this past weekend. The idea was to run around and see as many sites as we could fit into two days. My brother's girlfriend, Laura, gave us some great recommendations on where to stay and eat. Dave wanted to get a new york strip in NYC, and we ended up at one of the best steak houses we have ever been to! The picture above is from our ride on the Staton Island Ferry. There was something really magical about a boat ride into this view.
Times Square


Riding the Subway was a cultural experience. Since the rest of the Subway was yucky, I can appreciate why they call this Grand Central Station.

We went running in Central Park

I had just run 4 miles and look horrible, but it's a nice shot of the park :)

Jack's first movie was Madagascar and so it was fitting that Central Park Zoo be his first zoo trip. It's funny that the Central Park Zoo was used in Madagascar because they didn't have any of those animals. Except the Pegiums and the Lemars. They liked to move it move it :)

You can bearly make out the coast line, but we look cute :)

There is something powerful about the Statue of Liberty and something sweet about a baby spending two days in an I heart NY shirt :)

6 comments:

The Carters said...

WOW! What an experience. I'm so happy you are getting to see so much cool stuff. The last time I was in NYC was a year after 9/11 and then I went a few times when I was younger. Very cool. Keep sharing:)

Riann said...

Oh my- Jack in that shirt was too adorable! I smiled at every picture! How long was the drive?

Bill said...

Wonderful! Great stuff. Jack looks adorable in his "I heart NY" shirt. Nothing quite like "The City".

Bill

Kristen said...

The I heart NY shirt is awesome!! Too Cute! Looks like running in Central Park was beautiful. I like hearing about everyone's adventures...I just wish we could join you in those adventures! Miss you guys!

the fortenberrys said...

What a two day adventure you had! You guys piled in so much stuff. Looks like Jack had as much fun as the two of you did. I am curious too about the drive...how long?

Unknown said...

It's a 4 1/2 hour drive or a 3 hour train ride .... we drove so that we could bring the running stroller.

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.