Monday, June 1, 2009

Bike Ride

This season of 24 was set in Washington DC. Shortly after finding out that we would be moving to DC, 24 had an episode set at a bike path over looking the monuments. I have seen that path in quite a few movies as well, so on Saturday we headed over to check it out. It was a neat little bike ride through Lady Bird Johnson Park and then across the bridge to the monuments. There are a set of benches over looking the Washington Monument that people are always exchanging secret information at (on TV). I took this picture of Dave's brother because I thought he looked like some kind of informant, haha.
As it turns out, the DC area hosts many outdoor bike/running paths!! There is even a monster set of trails less than a mile from our house. I had no idea there would be so many out door things to do here! There are already about 10 places that I want to go check out.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That's awesome Amy!! Brian is actually checking out some bike trails for us next weekend! Hope you guys are doing well!!

Bill said...

Mountain biking. I love it. You'll have bring your bikes if you come visit during football season, we'll see if we can hit some trails. Maybe I'll bring mine if we ever head out your way as well.

Take care guys! See you soon.

the fortenberrys said...

That's great you're getting good use out of your bike. I'm glad you're finding so much to do outdoors there. You are making me more and more wanting to be stationed there.

About Me

My photo
We are a military family. We like to run, play games, travel, eat pizza, and watch movies.